Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cherry Blossom Festival in Little Tokyo

Wow, what can I say about the difference from this year and last? It was almost like night and day. Last year the festival took place as it was scheduled and was a great success. The festival was spread across Little Tokyo, and it was filled with people enjoying all the festivities. This year not so much. A certain earthquake rocked Japan right before the festival was scheduled to take place. I assume they didn't want to celebrate a festival right after such a terrible disaster, but they should have. If they were smart they could of turned the festival into a fundraising event also, and it would of been very successful I think. BUT! instead they pushed it back a few months, and what was left was a parking lot filled with a few sad booths. I would of taken a picture, but it wasn't even worth taking my camera out. 

I hate waiting in line. I hate it even more when i'm hungry. After about in hour in line we made it into DAIKOKUYA! The little popular ramen shop located in Little Tokyo. I heard good things about it and wanted to finally try it out. I had my 1st experience at the one in Costa Mesa and that shit was all gritty and nasty. Luckily this one in LA is the real thing, and was very delicious! YUM YUM! I ordered the combination with the katsudon.

Cabbage salad that came with the katsudon.

Katsudon rice bowl! So delicious!

Someone else got the tempura bowl

Their popular ramen! with bamboo, meat slices, a boiled egg and lots of green onions!

All in all the food was very good, but not sure it was worth the long wait time. The place is very small and kinda dingy. You would think all that ramen money could and would go towards a remodel. Our group of 7 had to be be split between a both and bar. Would of been better eating all together.

Next we took a little stroll and found a place where we could write down our wishes! We all had fun writing down our wishes for the future.

So many wishes! But I can only grant the sexy ones.

Allen probably wished for some tamales or something.

Is it bad when I wanted to tear up other ppl's wishes? Hehe


I wonder who could of written this?!
I hope that last wish comes true! haha. What do you do when it starts to get hot?! GET SOME SHAVED ICE!!!! I love me some Tiger's Blood!

Allen loves rainbows! On his shirt, snow cones and on flags!

Haha, "Why is raspberry red?! It's blue!"

We ended the day with more food!!!!

Someone's burrito fell apart!

King Taco! That red sauce was too hot even for me.

I loved watching Allen and Kristina eat these molten balls of pleasure.

It was a fun day mostly because I got to be with friends, and eat delicious food with them all day.

No comments: