Thursday, December 23, 2010

Game Review - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors

All these 9's and only 6 endings?

I have been playing a new game on my DS and it happens to be this one. I was first attracted the the cover art because it was done by Kinu Nishimura who also did character designs for Capcom vs SNK and Street Fighter III. The story of the game is pretty interesting and enjoyable. Like the title of the game there are 9 persons trapped on a ship with 9 hours to escape by looking for the 9 doors. With each door having a puzzle to solve in order to advance the game.

Junpei and June. What the hell is she wearing?

The game is basically a visual novel and you will spend most of the time reading through the story before you can advance to the next door and puzzle. This game of course has all the typical cast of characters you would find in many movies, anime, and manga. The young male hero, the kind sweet weakly girl, older mature daddy type, big goofy guy, smartass mouthed kid, moody little girl with pink hair, prince type, skanky bitch, and creepy little man. Throw all these people on a mysterious sinking ship, forced to play a game to the death and there you have it. The story is good and of course you have multiple endings according to what doors and answers you pick through out the game. To get the good ending you have to play through once and can get it through the second playthrough. It's lucky that you can scroll through the text you already read from the first playthrough. 
I would of been wearing this if I was in the game

I spent many hours playing the game and it was hard to put down. I kept telling myself just a little more dialog and story. Before I realized it was past midnight. Now if I was on this ship all hell would of broken lose and I would of just went crazy. Like some of the characters do. Of course I didn't want to play it more than twice to get the good ending. So thanks to online walkthroughs! Haha, At least there was no cheat code for unlimited money like my friend always uses. I recommend this game for people who like a good survival horror mystery with a puzzle thrown in here and there.

1 comment:

KrisZ said...

Nice, I am considering buying the game. You may just have pushed me over the edge.