Saturday, June 18, 2011

F(x) Hot Summer - K-Pop

I enjoy K-pop probably for the fact that I get to see Asian faces since there is still such a lack of it in American media. Is it just me or was there more Asian faces in television back in the 90's than there is now? It sure does feel that way. Almost like it's we are getting less exposure. So I turn my head and ears towards the east where I can satisfy my Yellow Fever.



Is it going to be Hot Summer for for the group F(x)? This 5 member girl group comes from the same SM Entertainment that brings you Girls' Generation, DBSK, Super Junior, Shinee and of course BoA. I can finally distinguish Korean faces from one another after lots of hard work watching videos on Youtube and Korean dramas. So let me introduce the memebers of F(x) in Richard fashion.



Hi, I'm Luna and the best singer, but Richard only lets me fan him .
The one in pink is Luna and really the only one that can sing in this group. The song is a happy summer pop song so everything is synthesized so everyone in the group sounds the same no matter who is singing. I guess almost anyone can be a pop singer with the right production team. I'm a little too old now so I will try again in my next life.

Hi I'm Amber and Yes, I do have a vagina. Richard does not.
The boyish one in the group is Amber. You can tell because she looks like a he, but that almost applies to all guys and girls in many Asian countries. Amber made it as a trainee from a LA audition. So she had to learn Korean to be in the group, but they just made her the rapper and do it in English usually. I assume she likes squirrel like you assume also.

Hi i'm Victoria and i'm prettier than you, but not Richard.
Victoria is the Chinese member of the group in the orange outfit. She is the leader of the group since she has more experience in ads and commercials. Then again her Korean is not that good either, but she is the leader which I don't really understand. Also she is very flexible I assume this talent helped get her into the group.

Hi, I'm Sulli and Richard wants to slap me more than 5 times.
Next is Sulli she is the maknae or the youngest member in the group. The youngest member in the group is usually assigned the cute and innocent role in the group. I find that very annoying and so I don't like her that much. I don't blame her for it just the company and her parents for giving her life. I so bad!

Hi, I'm Krystal and this green hat makes me bitchy.
Lastly we have Krystal in blue and her sister is Jessica from Girls' Generation. She grew up in the bay area so I assume she speaks English or maybe Spanish. She tends to be the bitchy, rude one in the group while her sister Jessica is the icy princess in her own group. She get's way too much screen time compared to the others and that annoys me too.

That took way too long just adding pics for my readers. Thinking back now I should of  just used a group pic. The video makes the song much better than it is. But I like a good pop song to keep me entertained and happy. Mostly I like up tempo songs because they don't put me to sleep while driving. Girl and boys groups are fun because they let you identify with different personalities that each member brings. America, you need to bring back NSync and the Spice Girls. It made my childhood much more fun.

1 comment:

KrisZ said...

I don't know anything about K-pop and I learned a lot from this thread while learning about fellow squirrel eaters.

Lots of props Richard